3. Except for applications made under section 36, subparagraphs 44(b)(iii), (v), (vii), (ix) and (x) and sections 45 and 46 the Minister shall not consider any applications received under these Regulations after September 15, 1983.
- SOR/79-335, s. 2;
- SOR/83-708, s. 2.
4. (1) The Minister shall administer
(a) the loans, insurance, stock options, and capital stock made, authorized or obtained under these Regulations;
(b) contributions required to be administered in accordance with the terms and conditions referred to in section 44; and
(c) the loans, insurance, stock options, capital stock and contributions made, authorized or obtained under the Canada Cycle and Motor Company Limited Enterprise Development Regulations, the General Adjustment Assistance Regulations, the Consolidated Computer Inc. Adjustment Assistance Regulations, the Consolidated Computer Inc. Enterprise Development Regulations, the Automotive Manufacturing Assistance Regulations, the Pharmaceutical Industry Development Assistance Regulations, the Footwear and Tanning Industries Assistance Regulations, the Program for the Advancement of Industrial Technology, the Industrial Design Assistance Program and the Program to Enhance Productivity.
(2) The Minister may, in respect of any loan, insurance, stock option or contribution administered by the Minister pursuant to subsection (1), require such information and documentation and make such stipulations as he deems appropriate in relation to such loans, insurance, stock options or contributions.
(3) The Minister shall do everything that in his opinion is necessary or appropriate to facilitate the efficient operation of the Enterprise Development Program, to minimize any loss suffered or threatened to be suffered by Her Majesty arising out of any loan or insurance administered by the Minister pursuant to subsection (1) and to maximize the potential economic gains to Canada arising from any contribution administered by him pursuant to subsection (1).
- SOR/78-504, s. 1;
- SOR/79-335, s. 3;
- SOR/81-379, s. 1;
- SOR/83-708, s. 2.
5. to 15. [Revoked, SOR/83-708, s. 2]
16. (1) Subject to sections 19 and 20, the Minister may make a loan to a manufacturer for the purpose of assisting the manufacturer in restructuring his manufacturing or processing activity if
(a) the manufacturer was engaged in a manufacturing or processing activity prior to the first reduction of tariffs or first modification of non-tariff barriers by Canada resulting from the Tokyo Round agreements; and
(b) in the opinion of the Minister
(i) the manufacturer requires a loan in order to restructure his manufacturing or processing activity for the purpose of improving his position in international competition, and
(ii) the manufacturer is seriously injured or threatened with serious injury by reason of increased imports as a direct result of the Tokyo Round agreements.
(2) Subject to sections 19 and 20, the Minister may make a loan to a manufacturer for the purpose of assisting the manufacturer to adjust to changes in conditions affecting his access to foreign markets if, in the opinion of the Minister,
(a) the manufacturer requires a loan for such purpose; and
(b) the changes are attributable to the imposition by a country other than Canada of an import surtax or to the taking by such country of other actions having the same effect.
- SOR/79-335, s. 14;
- SOR/83-708, s. 9.
- Date modified: