18. Foothills shall facilitate public access to the information referred to in section 17 and shall ensure that those communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline have access to the information.
19. Foothills shall consult with the government of the Province, communities in the vicinity of the pipeline, Indian, Metis and non-status Indian organizations in the Province and any special interest group in the Province, on the request of that group, to ascertain their requirement for information.
20. Where a public meeting, workshop or seminar is convened in a community in the vicinity of the pipeline for the purpose of disseminating information in respect of the pipeline, Foothills shall, when directed by the designated officer, provide informed persons to assist in the dissemination of such information.
21. (1) Where Foothills receives a direction from the designated officer to consult with the government of the Province, any community in the vicinity of the pipeline or any Indian, Metis or non-status Indian organization in the Province in respect of any matter in connection with the construction or operation of the pipeline, Foothills shall, within 30 days of receiving such direction, consult with that government, community or organization.
(2) Foothills shall report to the designated officer the significant results of any consultation pursuant to subsection (1).
22. Where Foothills, at any time, consults with any contractor or labour organization in respect of any matter critical to construction progress, Foothills shall report the significant results of such consultation to the designated officer.
23. Foothills shall identify and make available a person to assist Foothills in
(a) disseminating the information referred to in section 17;
(b) arranging consultations with communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline; and
(c) performing any liaison function with such communities.
24. Foothills shall submit to the designated officer for his approval a plan, to be known as the information plan, that sets out the manner in which Foothills intends to carry out the provisions of sections 17 to 19 and sections 22 and 23.
25. Foothills shall, in the preparation and implementation of the detailed manpower plan referred to in paragraph 9(a) of Schedule III to the Act, consult with the government of the Province and labour organizations in the Province in respect of the plan and the recruitment and training of employees to be used in the construction and operation of the pipeline.
26. Foothills shall, in consultation with the Government of Canada and the government of the Province, take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to discourage the migration of persons seeking work on the pipeline into any area in the vicinity of the pipeline.
Orientation of Employees
27. Foothills shall, in respect of those persons who commence work on the construction of the pipeline, carry out an orientation program that includes environmental information, to assist such persons to become familiar with their working conditions and to become aware of the potential to damage the environment.
- Date modified: