4. Where a weighing device is marked or operates in legal units of measurement other than those referred to in these Specifications, such as in degrees Fahrenheit or carats, the equivalent values in those other units of measurement shall be used for the purpose of applying these Specifications.
Verification Scale Interval
5. The verification scale interval for Class I and II weighing devices that are not equipped with auxiliary indicating elements, for Class III, IIIHD and IIII weighing devices, for multiple range devices and for multi-interval devices is equal to the actual scale interval.
6. For multi-interval devices, the verification scale interval of a particular partial weighing range must be smaller than the verification scale interval of the immediately superior partial weighing range, and each range must comply with the requirements set out in section 3 for the class into which the device falls.
7. The verification scale interval for Class I and II weighing devices that are equipped with auxiliary indicating elements corresponds to the value of the scale interval preceding the actual scale interval of the auxiliary indicating element, and is larger than the actual scale interval.
PERFORMANCE – GENERAL
In – service Limits of Error
8. (1) The in-service limits of error set out in column I of the table to this section apply, in respect of each class of non-automatic weighing devices set out in column II of that table, according to the specified load.
(2) In the table to this section, “m” means the weight of the load placed on the weighing device, and is expressed in the number of verification scale intervals.
(3) The in-service limits of error that apply to a Class IIIHD weighing device are ±1 e where the load is not less than zero and not more than 500 verification scale intervals, and where the load exceeds 500 verification scale intervals, calculated by adding ±1 e for each additional 800 verification scale intervals or less, to a maximum of ±22 e.
Column I Column II Limits of error Class I Class II Class III Class IIII ± 1 e 0 ≤m≤ 50 000 0 ≤m≤ 5 000 0 ≤m≤ 500 0 ≤m≤ 50 ± 2 e 50 000 <m≤ 200 000 5 000 <m≤ 20 000 500 <m≤ 2 000 50 <m≤ 200 ± 3 e m> 200 000 20 000 <m≤ 100 000 2 000 <m≤ 4 000 200 <m≤ 400 ± 5 e – – – – – – 4 000 <m≤ 10 000 400 <m≤ 1 200
- Date modified: