2. These Regulations apply
(a) on all unleased land; and
(b) on all leased land that is subject to
(i) a lease entered into on or after the day on which these Regulations come into force that states that the lease is subject to these Regulations as amended from time to time, or
(ii) a lease that has been renewed or amended on or after the day on which these Regulations come into force that states that the lease, as renewed or amended, is subject to these Regulations as amended from time to time.
3. (1) Sections 4 to 8 and subsection 10(2) do not apply to
(a) peace officers in the exercise of their duties;
(b) Commission employees in the exercise of their duties; or
(c) persons who are assisting a peace officer or a Commission employee in the exercise of the officer’s or employee’s duties.
(2) Subsections 6(1) and (2), section 8 and paragraph 20(1)(a) do not apply to a blind or visually impaired keeper of a guide dog, or to a physically disabled keeper of an assistance dog, while they are being accompanied by that dog.
UNLEASED LAND — PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
4. (1) No person shall have an animal other than a domestic animal on unleased land.
(2) No person shall have more than two domestic animals on unleased land at any one time.
(3) The prohibition in subsection (1) shall not have the effect of preventing the Commission from having, on Commission lands, wildlife indigenous to those lands.
Domestic Animals Other Than Hoofed Animals
5. Sections 6 to 9 apply only to keepers of domestic animals other than hoofed animals.
6. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall have a domestic animal on unleased land except in the locations set out in Schedule 1.
(2) In the locations set out in Schedule 1, no person shall have a domestic animal in any of the following areas:
(a) a beach and its immediate environs, the boundaries of which are clearly identified by signs;
(b) a building;
(c) the campground located at LeBreton Flats;
(d) a picnic area, food concession area or outdoor restaurant;
(e) a play structure area;
(f) subject to subsection (3), within three metres of the shoreline of a body of water of a permanent nature;
(g) an area in which an organized event is being held; or
(h) any area of unleased land that is marked, in accordance with subsection 27(1), by signs as an area where domestic animals are prohibited.
(3) The prohibition contained in paragraph (2)(f) does not apply to the Queen Elizabeth Driveway corridor land or the Colonel By Drive corridor land.
(4) No person shall have a domestic animal referred to in section 5 in any area of unleased land that is marked, in accordance with subsection 27(2), by signs as a location where hoofed animals are permitted.
(5) Despite any other provision of these Regulations, the keeper of a domestic animal is authorized to cross, with their animal, any area of unleased land where such an animal is otherwise prohibited under these Regulations if the animal is restrained in accordance with subsection 7(1) and the animal is on a Capital Pathway or trail where the presence of that animal is permitted.
- Date modified: