20. (1) With respect to deleterious substances contained in effluent deposited from each final discharge point, the owner or operator of a mine shall, for each month and for each calendar quarter during which there was a deposit, record the loading
(a) in kg for deleterious substances referred to in items 1 to 7, in column 1, of Schedule 4; or
(b) in MBq for a deleterious substance referred to in item 8, in column 1, of that Schedule.
(2) The owner or operator shall determine the loading for each month using the following formula:
ML = C × V / 1,000
- is the loading for a month;
- is the monthly mean concentration of the deleterious substance, recorded under section 19.1; and
- is the total monthly volume of effluent deposited from each final discharge point, recorded under section 19.
(3) The owner or operator shall determine the loading for each calendar quarter using the following formula:
QL = C × V / 1,000
- is the loading for a calendar quarter;
- is the mean of the monthly mean concentrations of the deleterious substance for that calendar quarter, recorded under section 19.1; and
- is the total volume of effluent deposited from each final discharge point during that calendar quarter, based on the sum of the total monthly volumes of effluent deposited from each final discharge point, recorded under section 19.
- SOR/2006-239, s. 9.
Reporting Monitoring Results
21. (1) The owner or operator of a mine shall submit to the authorization officer an effluent monitoring report for all tests and monitoring conducted during each calendar quarter not later than 45 days after the end of the quarter.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the effluent monitoring report shall include
(a) the information specified by section 8.1 of Reference Method EPS 1/RM/13 and by section 8.1 of Reference Method EPS 1/RM/14 as required by section 18;
(b) the concentration and monthly mean concentration of each deleterious substance set out in column 1 of Schedule 4 that is contained in effluent samples collected under subsection 12(1) and the concentrations of such deleterious substances contained in effluent samples collected under subsection 13(1) or (2);
(c) the pH of the effluent samples as required by subsection 12(1);
(d) whether a composite or grab sample collection method was used for each effluent sample as required by subsection 12(1);
(d.1) for each month of the calendar quarter, the number of days that effluent was deposited;
(e) the total volume of effluent deposited during each month of the reporting quarter as recorded under section 19;
(f) the mass loading of the deleterious substances set out in column 1 of Schedule 4 as recorded under section 20; and
(g) the results of the effluent characterization conducted under paragraph 15(1)(a).
(3) If no effluent is deposited in a calendar quarter, the report shall only include a statement to that effect.
- SOR/2006-239, s. 10.
- Date modified: