Marginal note:Member ceasing to be a participant
5. (1) A member ceases to be a participant:
(a) on the day on which the member ceases to be a member;
(b) on the day before the day on which the member is required to contribute to the Canadian Forces Pension Fund; or
(c) on the last day of a period of 12 months, as a participant, in respect of which they were not entitled to receive earnings.
Marginal note:Member shall not cease to be a participant
(2) A member who has to their credit less than two years of pensionable service is deemed not to have ceased to be a participant if
(a) the member ceased to be a participant by ceasing to be a member and the member has again become a member within 60 days, in which case, for the purpose of these Regulations, the member is deemed not to have ceased to be a member; or
(b) the member is entitled to receive earnings equal to or greater than 10 per cent of the Annual Earnings Threshold in respect of each of the two consecutive periods of 12 months ending at the end of the first month following the month during which the member would have ceased to be a participant, if at the end of that month the member reached that minimum entitlement of earnings, or, if not, the end of the second month following that month.
Contributions, Pensionable Earnings and Pensionable Service
Marginal note:Rate of contributions
6. (1) The contribution of a participant to the Fund shall be
(a) the following percentage of the participant’s earnings:
(i) 4.3 per cent in respect of 2007,
(ii) 4.6 per cent in respect of 2008,
(iii) 4.9 per cent in respect of 2009, and
(iv) 5.2 per cent in respect of 2010 and each subsequent year; or
(b) 1 per cent of the participant’s earnings, if the participant has to their credit 35 years of pensionable service.
(2) A participant shall not contribute to the Fund in respect of
(a) any portion of the participant’s rate of pay in a calendar year that is in excess of the product of 66 2/3 times the defined benefit limit determined for that year in accordance with the definition “defined benefit limit” in subsection 8500(1) of the Income Tax Regulations; or
(b) any of the participant’s earnings in a calendar year after the calendar year in which the participant reaches 71 years of age.
- SOR/2010-101, s. 4.
Marginal note:Contribution on deemed earnings
7. (1) Reservations on account of contributions in respect of earnings that the participant is deemed to have received under paragraph 2(b) shall be equal to ½ of the amount of the participant’s contributions in respect of earnings after the period of exemption or leave.
Marginal note:Reservations for subsequent periods
(2) Reservations on account of contributions in respect of earnings that the participant is deemed to have received in a subsequent period of exemption or leave shall commence after the contributions in respect of earnings for previous periods have been paid.
- Date modified: