Rules Applicable to All Proceedings
Dispensing with Compliance
2. (1) The Tribunal may dispense with, vary or supplement the application of any of these Rules in a particular case in order to deal with all matters as informally and expeditiously as the circumstances and considerations of fairness permit.
Marginal note:Urgent matters
(2) If a party considers that the circumstances require that an application be heard urgently or within a specified period, the party may request that the Tribunal give directions about how to proceed.
Marginal note:Interpretation Act
Marginal note:Calculating time limits
4. (1) If the time for doing an act expires on a holiday or a Saturday, the act may be done on the next day that is not a holiday or a Saturday.
Marginal note:Time limit less than six days
(2) If a time limit is less than six days, holidays and Saturdays shall not be included in the calculation of the time limit.
Marginal note:Varying time limits
5. The time limits prescribed by these Rules may only be shortened or extended by an order or a direction of a judicial member.
Marginal note:Memorandum of fact and law
6. Where in these Rules a reference is made to a memorandum of fact and law, the memorandum of fact and law shall contain a table of contents and, in consecutively numbered paragraphs,
(a) a concise statement of fact;
(b) a statement of the points in issue;
(c) a concise statement of the submissions;
(d) a concise statement of the order sought, including any order concerning costs;
(e) a list of the authorities, statutes and regulations to be referred to; and
(f) an appendix, and if necessary as a separate document, a copy of the authorities (or relevant excerpts) as well as a copy of any statutory or regulatory provisions cited or relied on that have not been reproduced in another party’s memorandum.
7. (1) The Registrar or the person designated by the Registrar may issue a writ of subpoena for the attendance of witnesses and the production of documents.
Marginal note:In blank
(2) The Registrar may issue a writ of subpoena in blank and the person to whom it is issued shall complete it and may include any number of names.
- Date modified: