3. Subject to section 13, no person in Canada and no Canadian outside Canada shall export, sell, supply or ship arms and related material, wherever situated, to Zimbabwe or to any person in Zimbabwe.
Marginal note:Carriage of arms and related material
4. Subject to section 13, no owner or master of a Canadian vessel, within the meaning of section 2 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001, and no operator of an aircraft registered in Canada shall carry, cause to be carried or permit to be carried, arms and related materials, wherever situated, destined for Zimbabwe or any person in Zimbabwe.
5. Subject to section 13, no person in Canada and no Canadian outside Canada shall provide any person in Zimbabwe with technical or financial assistance, technical or financial services or brokerage or other services related to the supply, sale, transfer, manufacture or use of arms and related materials.
Marginal note:Assets freeze
6. No person in Canada and no Canadian outside Canada shall
(a) deal, directly or indirectly, in any property of a designated person, including funds derived or generated from property that is owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by that person;
(b) enter into or facilitate, directly or indirectly, any financial transaction related to a dealing referred to in paragraph (a);
(c) provide any financial or other related service in respect of the property referred to in paragraph (a); or
(d) make any property or any financial or other related service available, directly or indirectly, to or for the benefit of a designated person.
Marginal note:Landing in Canada
7. No person shall land in Canada, or fly over Canada, an aircraft that is registered in Zimbabwe, except if landing in Canada is necessary to safeguard human life.
Marginal note:Assistance in committing a prohibited act
8. No person in Canada and no Canadian outside Canada shall do anything that causes, assists or promotes or is intended to cause, assist or promote any act or thing prohibited by sections 3 to 7.
DUTY TO DETERMINE
9. Each of the following entities must determine on a continuing basis whether it is in possession or control of property owned or controlled by or on behalf of a designated person:
(a) authorized foreign banks, as defined in section 2 of the Bank Act, in respect of their business in Canada or banks to which that Act applies;
(b) cooperative credit societies, savings and credit unions and caisses populaires regulated by a provincial Act and associations regulated by the Cooperative Credit Associations Act;
(c) foreign companies, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Insurance Companies Act, in respect of their insurance business in Canada;
(d) companies, provincial companies and societies, as those terms are defined in subsection 2(1) of the Insurance Companies Act;
(e) fraternal benefit societies regulated by a provincial Act in respect of their insurance activities and insurance companies and other entities engaged in the business of insuring risks that are regulated by a provincial Act;
(f) companies to which the Trust and Loan Companies Act applies;
(g) trust companies regulated by a provincial Act;
(h) loan companies regulated by a provincial Act; and
(i) entities authorized under provincial legislation to engage in the business of dealing in securities or to provide portfolio management or investment counselling services.
- Date modified: