Marginal note:Domestic ferries and domestic ferry facilities
3. (1) These Regulations apply to domestic ferries and domestic ferry facilities.
(2) For greater certainty, these Regulations do not apply to ferries that are dismantled or laid-up at a domestic ferry facility.
Marginal note:General matters
4. This Part sets out general matters that apply to the entire Regulations.
Marginal note:Obligations of operators
5. The operator of a domestic ferry and the operator of a domestic ferry facility shall ensure that the requirements of these Regulations are met.
Marginal note:MARSEC level 1
6. The operator of a domestic ferry and the operator of a domestic ferry facility shall maintain MARSEC level 1 at all times unless a higher MARSEC level is required by a security measure formulated by the Minister under section 7 of the Act.
Marginal note:Security equipment and systems
7. No person shall tamper with, damage or disrupt the normal operation of any security equipment or system to which these Regulations apply.
PART 2SECURITY DOCUMENTATION
Marginal note:Requirements relating to security documentation
11. This Part sets out the security documentation that must be obtained from the Minister and the manner in which it must be obtained. It also sets out the security documentation that must be carried on board domestic ferries.
Marginal note:Domestic ferry
12. (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (4), no person shall operate a domestic ferry without
(a) an Interim Domestic Ferry Security Certificate in respect of the ferry issued under subsection 18(1) within the preceding 90 days; or
(b) a Security Certificate in respect of the ferry issued under paragraph 19(1)(a).
Marginal note:Deemed compliance
(2) The operator of a domestic ferry is deemed to comply with the requirements of subsection (1) if any of the following documents have been issued in respect of the ferry:
(a) a valid International Ship Security Certificate or a valid interim International Ship Security Certificate that is issued under subsection 202(1) or (3) of the Marine Transportation Security Regulations;
(b) a valid Canadian Vessel Security Certificate issued by the Minister under subsection 202(2) of the Marine Transportation Security Regulations; or
(c) a valid interim Canadian Vessel Security Certificate issued by the Minister under subsection 202(3) of the Marine Transportation Security Regulations.
Marginal note:Exemption — Part 1 of Schedule 1
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply before January 15, 2010 to a domestic ferry operating on a route set out in Part 1 of Schedule 1.
Marginal note:Exemption — Parts 2 to 4 of Schedule 1
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply before April 1, 2010 to a domestic ferry operating on a route set out in Parts 2 to 4 of Schedule 1.
- Date modified: