Regulations Respecting the Marketing in Interprovincial and Export Trade of Asparagus Produced in Ontario
The Ontario Asparagus Growers’ Marketing Board, pursuant to section 3 of the Ontario Asparagus Growers’ Marketing-for-Processing OrderFootnote *, hereby makes the annexed Regulations respecting the marketing in interprovincial and export trade of asparagus produced in Ontario.
Dated at London, Ontario, this 7th day of March, 1980
1 These Regulations may be cited as the Ontario Asparagus Marketing (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations.
2 In these Regulations,
Act means The Farm Products Marketing Act (Ontario); (Loi)
asparagus means asparagus produced in Ontario that is used by a processor for processing; (asperges)
- Commodity Board
Commodity Board means The Ontario Asparagus Growers’ Marketing Board, established pursuant to the Act; (Office de commercialisation)
processing includes canning, dehydrating, drying, freezing or processing with sugar or sulphur dioxide or any other chemical; (transformation)
producer means a person who, on the first day of May in any year,
3 These Regulations apply only to the marketing of asparagus in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated within the Province of Ontario.
4 These Regulations do not apply to a producer
(a) where the property on which asparagus is growing is less than one-half acre; or
(b) in respect of any asparagus that has been planted on that producer’s property for less than two years.
Purchase and Sale
(2) No person shall buy asparagus except through the Commodity Board.
Transportation and Packing
(2) No person shall assemble asparagus at any place other than at a receiving station designated by the Commodity Board.
(3) No person shall buy asparagus that has not been transported to a receiving station designated by the Commodity Board.
(4) No person shall sell asparagus that has not been transported to a receiving station designated by the Commodity Board.
(5) No person shall process, pack or package any asparagus that has not been purchased through the Commodity Board.
7 All asparagus shall be bought and sold on the terms of a contract in writing between the Commodity Board and the purchaser of the asparagus and the contract shall be in the form set out in the schedule.
(2) The Commodity Board shall distribute the proceeds of the sales in the pool referred to in subsection (1), after deducting therefrom all the necessary and proper disbursements and expenses, in such a manner that each producer receives his share of the total proceeds in the pool in proportion to the quantity and taking into account the class, grade and size of asparagus delivered by him to the Commodity Board.
- Date modified: