Regulations Respecting the Marketing in Export Trade of Tree Fruit Produced in British Columbia
The British Columbia Tree Fruit Marketing Board, pursuant to section 3 of the British Columbia Tree Fruit OrderFootnote *, hereby revokes the British Columbia Tree Fruit Export Regulations, C.R.C., c. 146, and makes the annexed Regulations respecting the marketing in export trade of tree fruit produced in British Columbia.
Dated at Kelowna, British Columbia, this 25th day of August, 1981
2. In these Regulations,
“Agency” means B.C. Tree Fruits Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of the Province and having its chief place of business at the City of Kelowna in the Province; (organisme)
“Board” means the British Columbia Tree Fruit Marketing Board; (Office)
“marketing” includes buying, selling, disposing of, offering for sale or other disposition, and the transportation in any manner by any person of the regulated product for marketing; (commercialisation)
“person” includes a body corporate; (personne)
“Province” means the Province of British Columbia; (province)
- “regulated product”
“regulated product” means any tree fruit grown within the Province; (produit réglementé)
“vehicle” includes any motor vehicle, wagon, railway car, ship, boat or other thing in which the regulated product can be transported. (véhicule)
3. These Regulations apply to the marketing of the regulated product in export trade and to persons and property situated within the Province.
4. (1) The Agency, having been designated by the Board as the agency through which all regulated products shall be marketed locally within the Province, is hereby authorized as the sole agency through which all regulated products shall be marketed in export trade.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Board may, on application from any person, designate that person as an agent to market any variety, grade, size or quantity of the regulated product in export trade.
(3) No person other than the Agency or a person designated by the Board under subsection (2) shall market any regulated product in export trade.
5. Every person engaged in producing, packing, transporting, storing or marketing the regulated product in or for the purpose of export trade shall furnish to the Board, upon demand by any member or employee of the Board or any other person authorized by the Board, full and correct information relating to such production, packing, transporting, storing or marketing, and shall, at any reasonable time upon request, permit the Board or any member thereof or any officer or inspector of the Board or any other person authorized by the Board to inspect his books and premises.
- Date modified: