13. No person shall fish in any waters set out in Schedule VIII other than as authorized by a General Fishing Permit.
Closures for Conservation Purposes
13.1 No person shall fish for or catch and retain from the waters set out in column I of an item of Schedule XVII a species of fish set out in column II of that item during the close time set out in column III of that item unless the person is fishing in accordance with a General Fishing Permit.
- SOR/95-518, s. 2;
- SOR/98-247, s. 6.
13.2 Before varying a close time set out in column III of an item of Schedule XVII, the provincial Minister or the Director shall consider whether the variation
(a) may infringe any existing treaty or aboriginal right of an aboriginal people;
(b) is reasonably necessary for conservation purposes; and
(c) respects the priority of the holders of that treaty or aboriginal right to exercise that right.
- SOR/98-247, s. 6;
- SOR/2003-107, s. 8.
POSSESSION AND TRANSPORTATION OF FISH
14. (1) Except as otherwise permitted by the Act, the Freshwater Fish Marketing Act (Canada), the Fisheries Act (Manitoba) or regulations made under those Acts, no person shall possess any species of fish set out in an item of Part II of Schedule XI in an amount that exceeds the possession quota, or of a size that does not comply with the size limit, set out in that item.
(2) Despite subsection (1), a resident of Manitoba under 16 years of age or a holder of an angling licence, other than a conservation angling licence, may possess fish of a species set out in an item of Part I of Schedule XI in an amount that does not exceed the possession quota, and of a size that complies with the size limit, set out in that item.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to
(a) an Indian who is in possession of the fish for food for their personal use or for the use of their immediate family;
(b) a person who has purchased the fish from a retail outlet or from a person who is legally authorized to sell such fish; or
(c) a person who is otherwise legally authorized to possess such fish.
(4) Persons referred to in subsection (3) shall produce without delay, at the request of a fishery officer,
(a) proof of their Indian status;
(b) a valid receipt or trade record for any fish in their possession; or
(c) the relevant document that legally authorizes the possession of the fish.
- SOR/2003-107, s. 2;
- SOR/2006-119, s. 10.
15. No person shall possess live bait fish in any area set out in the table to this section.
|1.||Stocked trout waters set out in Schedule V|
|2.||Duck Mountain Provincial Forest and Duck Mountain Provincial Park|
|3.||Turtle Mountain Provincial Forest and Turtle Mountain Provincial Park|
|4.||Whiteshell Provincial Park|
|5.||That part of the Winnipeg River between Seven Sisters Generating Station and Whiteshell Provincial Park|
|6.||The waters in the Northeast, Northwest and North Central Divisions|
|7.||Porcupine Mountain Provincial Forest|
|8.||Atikaki Provincial Park|
|9.||South Atikaki Provincial Park|
- SOR/95-256, s. 2;
- SOR/2006-119, s. 2.
- Date modified: