P.S.S.R.B. Regulations and Rules of Procedure, 1993
Regulations and Rules of Procedure of the Public Service Staff Relations Board, 1993
The Public Service Staff Relations Board, pursuant to subsections 5.2(1)Footnote * and 22(1)Footnote **, section 28, subsections 29(1), 37(1)Footnote *** and 39(1), section 78.5Footnote ****, subsection 92(2), section 95Footnote *****, subsection 99(1) and section 100 of the Public Service Staff Relations Act, hereby revokes the P.S.S.R.B. Regulations and Rules of Procedure, made on November 7, 1990Footnote ******, and makes the annexed Regulations and Rules of Procedure of the Public Service Staff Relations Board, 1993, in substitution therefor, effective on the date of publication in the Canada Gazette.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1992, c. 54, s. 33
Return to footnote **S.C. 1992, c. 54, s. 39
Return to footnote ***S.C. 1992, c. 54, s. 42(1)
Return to footnote ****S.C. 1992, c. 54, s. 65
Return to footnote *****S.C. 1992, c. 54, s. 69
Ottawa, June 16, 1993
1. These Regulations may be cited as the P.S.S.R.B. Regulations and Rules of Procedure, 1993.
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“Act” means the Public Service Staff Relations Act; (Loi)
“application” means a complaint, an application for certification, for revocation of certification, for a declaration that a strike is unlawful or lawful and for consent of the Board referred to in section 107 of the Act, as the case may be; (demande)
“Board” means the Public Service Staff Relations Board; (Commission)
“person” includes an employee organization, a council of employee organizations and an employer; (personne)
“Secretary” means the Secretary of the Board and includes an assistant Secretary. (secrétaire)
- “terminal date”
“terminal date” means a day which is not less than 10 days and not more than 30 days after the day on which an application is filed. (date limite)
(2) Where a period of time is specified in these Regulations as a number of days, the period shall be computed as being the number of days specified, exclusive of Saturdays and holidays.
3. (1) The Board may, on its own initiative or that of a party, request that information contained in any document filed by any other party be made more complete or specific.
(2) The Board, after giving a party the opportunity to reply to a request referred to in subsection (1), may strike from the document the information that is incomplete or insufficiently specific.
4. The Board may direct that a proceeding before the Board be consolidated with any other proceeding before the Board and may issue directions in respect of the conduct of the consolidated proceeding.
5. The Board may adjourn a hearing and specify the day, time, place and terms of its continuance.
6. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Regulations, the Board may
(a) extend the time specified by these Regulations, or allow for additional time to do any act, provide any notice or file any document; or
(b) on notice to all parties, reduce the time specified by these Regulations to do any act, provide any notice or file any document.
- SOR/96-457, s. 1.
- Date modified: