Regulations Respecting Zoning at Grand Manan Airport
P.C. 1993-1540 1993-07-21
Whereas, pursuant to section 5.5 of the Aeronautics Act, a copy of the proposed Zoning Regulations respecting Grand Manan Airport substantially in the form set out in the schedule hereto, was published in two successive issues of the Canada Gazette Part I, on November 14th and 21st, 1992, and in two successive issues of the Telegraph Journal and the L’Acadie Nouvelle on January 14th and 15th, 1993, and a reasonable opportunity was thereby afforded to interested persons to make representations to the Minister of Transport with respect thereto;
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 5.4 of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Grand Manan Airport.
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“airport” means the Grand Manan Airport, in the County of Charlotte, Parish of Grand Manan, in the Province of New Brunswick; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surfaces”
“approach surfaces” means the imaginary inclined planes that extend upward and outward from each end of a strip, which planes are more particularly described in Part II of the schedule; (surfaces d’approche)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means the imaginary plane located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which plane is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; ((surface extérieure))
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport, including the runway, prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which portion is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surfaces”
“transitional surfaces” means the imaginary inclined planes that extend upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surfaces, which planes are more particularly described in Part V of the schedule. (surfaces de transition)
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, the elevation of the airport reference point is 68 m above sea level.
3. These Regulations apply to all the land, including public road allowances, that is adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, which land is more particularly described in Part VI of the schedule.
4. No person shall erect or construct, on any land to which these Regulations apply, any building, structure or object or any addition to any existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point
(a) the approach surfaces;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surfaces.
5. No owner or lessee of any land to which these Regulations apply shall permit any part of that land to be used or developed in a manner that causes interference with any signals or communications to and from any aircraft or to and from any facilities used to provide services relating to aeronautics.
- SOR/94-375, s. 2(F).
- Date modified: