General Import Permit No. 100 — Eligible Agriculture Goods
The Secretary of State for External Affairs, pursuant to subsection 8(1.1)Footnote * of the Export and Import Permits Act, hereby issues the annexed General permit authorizing the importation of certain eligible agricultural goods, effective on the later of the days on which section 74 and subsection 108(1) of An Act to implement the Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization, being chapter 47 of the Statutes of Canada, 1994, come into force.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1994, c. 47, s. 108(1)
Ottawa, Ontario, December 29, 1994
1. [Repealed, SOR/97-48, s. 2]
2. In this Permit, “eligible agricultural goods” means the goods set out in the schedule. (marchandises agricoles admissibles)
3. Subject to sections 5, 7 and 8, a resident of Canada may, under the authority of this Permit, import eligible agricultural goods into Canada from any country.
- SOR/95-401, s. 1;
- SOR/96-58, s. 1.
4. Where goods imported under the authority of this Permit are required to be accounted for in the prescribed form under subsection 32(1), (3) or (5) of the Customs Act, the person who accounts for the goods shall inscribe on that form the statement “Imported under the authority of General Import Permit No. 100 — Eligible Agricultural Goods” or “Importé en vertu de la Licence générale d’importation no 100 — Marchandises agricoles admissibles”.
- SOR/95-401, s. 1.
5. A resident of Canada who imports eligible agricultural goods under the authority of this Permit may not import those goods under a permit issued under section 8.3 of the Export and Import Permits Act.
6. [Repealed, SOR/96-58, s. 2]
7. This Permit does not authorize the importation of eligible agricultural goods set out in items 68 to 98 of the schedule, during the period in which General Import Permit No. 20 — Wheat and Wheat Products and Barley and Barley Products is in force in respect of the goods referred to in those items.
- SOR/95-401, s. 2.
8. Notwithstanding section 7, this Permit applies to eligible agricultural goods set out in items 68 to 98 of the schedule that were imported but neither accounted for nor placed in a bonded warehouse in accordance with section 5 of General Import Permit No. 20 — Wheat and Wheat Products and Barley and Barley Products.
- SOR/95-401, s. 2.
- Date modified: