National Parks of Canada Businesses Regulations
P.C. 1998-1575 1998-09-15
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Canadian Heritage, pursuant to paragraph 7(1)(p) of the National Parks Act, hereby makes the annexed National Parks Businesses Regulations, 1998.
1. The definitions in this section apply in these Regulations.
“Act” means the Canada National Parks Act. (Loi)
“business” means any trade, industry, employment, occupation, activity or special event carried on in a park for profit, gain, fund raising or commercial promotion, and includes an undertaking carried on in a park by a charitable organization, or by an organization or individual on a non-profit basis. (commerce)
- “charitable organization”
“charitable organization” means a charitable organization within the meaning of subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act, and includes an organization that is a registered charity as defined in subsection 248(1) of that Act. (oeuvre de bienfaisance)
- “Chief Executive Officer”
“Chief Executive Officer” has the same meaning as in subsection 2(1) of the Parks Canada Agency Act. (directeur général)
“licence” means a licence issued by the superintendent under section 4.1, or issued or reinstated under subsection 10.1(2), as the case may be. (permis)
“licensee” means the holder of a valid licence. (titulaire de permis)
- “special event”
“special event” means a planned temporary activity conducted for recreation, entertainment or promotional purposes, and includes a parade, concert, theatrical or musical performance, sports event, fair, circus, contest and show. (événement spécial)
“year” means the 12-month period beginning on April 1st in each year and ending on March 31st in the next year. (année)
- SOR/2002-370, s. 2.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), these Regulations apply to parks and, subject to sections 40 and 41 of the Act, to park reserves as if they were parks.
(2) These Regulations do not apply in the Town of Banff or in the Town of Jasper.
- SOR/2002-370, s. 3;
- SOR/2010-23, s. 15.
3. No person shall carry on, in a park, any business unless that person is the holder of a licence or an employee of a holder of a licence.
- Date modified: