Canada Cooperatives Regulations
P.C. 1999-1144 1999-06-17
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Industry, pursuant to paragraph 23(a), subsections 130(1) and 131(1), section 166, paragraph 247(1)(a) and sections 248 and 372 of the Canada Cooperatives ActFootnote a, hereby makes the annexed Canada Cooperatives Regulations.
Return to footnote aS.C. 1998, c. 1
1. The following definitions apply in these Regulations.
“Act” means the Canada Cooperatives Act. (Loi)
- “NI 51-102”
“NI 51-102” means National Instrument 51-102 of the Canadian Securities Administrators, entitled Continuous Disclosure Obligations, and known in French as Règlement 51-102 sur les obligations d’information continue, published in both official languages on December 19, 2003, as amended from time to time. (Règlement 51-102)
- SOR/2008-315, s. 8.
1.1 (1) For the purpose of the definition “distributing cooperative” in subsection 2(1) of the Act and subject to subsection (2), “distributing cooperative” means
(a) a cooperative that is a “reporting issuer” under any legislation that is set out in column 2 of an item of Schedule 4; or
(b) in the case of a cooperative that is not a “reporting issuer” referred to in paragraph (a), a cooperative
(i) that has filed a prospectus or registration statement under provincial legislation or under the laws of a jurisdiction outside Canada,
(ii) any of the securities of which are listed and posted for trading on a stock exchange in or outside Canada, or
(iii) that is involved in, formed for, resulting from or continued after an amalgamation, a reorganization, an arrangement or a statutory procedure, if one of the participating entities is a cooperative to which subparagraph (i) or (ii) applies.
(2) A cooperative that is subject to an exemption under provincial securities legislation, or to an order of the relevant provincial securities regulator that provides that the cooperative is not a “reporting issuer” for the purposes of the applicable legislation, is not a “distributing cooperative” for the purpose of the definition of that expression in subsection (1).
- SOR/2001-513, s. 2;
- SOR/2010-128, s. 35.
PART 1ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION OF DOCUMENTS SENT TO AND ISSUED BY THE DIRECTOR
2. In sections 3 to 7, “electronic” means electrical, digital, magnetic, optical, electromagnetic, facsimile or any other form of technology with similar capabilities that permits transmission of notices or documents.
3. [Repealed, SOR/2001-513, s. 4]
4. A notice or document may be submitted to or issued by the Director in electronic form if
(a) the information contained in it is the same as or equivalent to the information that would have been provided if it had been submitted or issued in paper form;
(b) when the notice or document is required under the Act to be signed, it complies with the provisions of subsections 6(2) to (4); and
(c) it is submitted or issued in the manner fixed by the Director under subsection 368(2) of the Act.
- Date modified: