Employment Insurance Act
Marginal note:Weeks for which benefits may be paid
(2) Subject to section 12, benefits are payable to a major attachment claimant under this section for each week of unemployment in the period
(3) When benefits are payable to a claimant for unemployment caused by pregnancy and any allowances, money or other benefits are payable to the claimant for that pregnancy under a provincial law, the benefits payable to the claimant under this Act shall be reduced or eliminated as prescribed.
Marginal note:Application of section 18
(4) For the purposes of section 13, the provisions of section 18 do not apply to the week that immediately precedes the period described in subsection (2).
Marginal note:Earnings deducted
(5) If benefits are payable under this section to a major attachment claimant who receives earnings for a period that falls in a week in the period described in subsection (2), the provisions of subsection 19(2) do not apply and, subject to subsection 19(3), all those earnings shall be deducted from the benefits paid for that week.
Marginal note:Extension of period
(6) If a child who is born of the claimant’s pregnancy is hospitalized, the period during which benefits are payable under subsection (2) shall be extended by the number of weeks during which the child is hospitalized.
(7) The extended period shall end no later than 52 weeks after the week of confinement.
- 1996, c. 23, s. 22
- 2016, c. 7, s. 214
- 2017, c. 20, s. 234
- Date modified: