Marginal note:Term of directors
Marginal note:Term of one, two or three years
(2) A director elected for a term of one, two or three years holds office until the close of the first, second or third annual meeting of shareholders, as the case may be, following the election of the director.
Marginal note:No stated term
(3) A director who is not elected for an expressly stated term of office ceases to hold office at the close of the next annual meeting of shareholders following the election of the director.
Marginal note:Tenure of office
(4) It is not necessary that all directors elected at a meeting of shareholders hold office for the same term.
(5) If a by-law of a bank provides that the directors be elected for a term of two or three years, it may also provide that the term of office of each director be for the whole of that term, or that, as nearly as may be, one half of the directors retire each year if the term is two years, and that one third of the directors retire each year if the term is three years.
Marginal note:Composition requirements
(6) Subject to subsection 163(4), where a director of a bank is elected or appointed for a term of more than one year, the bank shall comply with subsections 159(2) and 163(1) and section 164 at each annual meeting of shareholders during the director’s term of office as if that director were elected or appointed on that date.
- Date modified: