Marginal note:Shareholder lists
817 (1) A person who is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of a bank holding company (in this section referred to as the “applicant”) may request the bank holding company to furnish the applicant with a basic list within ten days after receipt by the bank holding company of the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) and, on payment of a reasonable fee by the applicant, the bank holding company shall comply with the request.
Marginal note:Affidavit and contents
(2) A request under subsection (1) must be accompanied by an affidavit containing
(a) the name and address of the applicant,
(b) the name and address for service of the entity, if the applicant is an entity, and
(c) an undertaking that the basic list and any supplemental lists obtained pursuant to subsections (5) and (6) will not be used except as permitted under section 819,
and, if the applicant is an entity, the affidavit shall be made by a director or an officer of the entity, or any person acting in a similar capacity.
(3) Every shareholder or creditor of a bank holding company or the personal representative of a shareholder or creditor of a bank holding company is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of the bank holding company, but, if the bank holding company is a distributing bank holding company within the meaning of subsection 265(1), any person is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of the bank holding company on request therefor.
Marginal note:Basic list
(4) A basic list of shareholders of a bank holding company consists of a list of shareholders that is made up to a date not more than ten days before the receipt of the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) and that sets out
Marginal note:Supplemental lists
(5) A person requiring a bank holding company to supply a basic list of shareholders may, if the person states in the accompanying affidavit that supplemental lists are required, request the bank holding company or its agent, on payment of a reasonable fee, to provide supplemental lists of shareholders setting out any changes from the basic list in the names and addresses of the shareholders and the number of shares owned by each shareholder for each business day following the date to which the basic list is made up.
Marginal note:When supplemental lists to be furnished
(6) A bank holding company or its agent shall provide a supplemental list of shareholders required under subsection (5)
(a) within ten days following the date the basic list is provided, where the information relates to changes that took place prior to that date; and
(b) within ten days following the day to which the supplemental list relates, where the information relates to changes that took place on or after the date the basic list was provided.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 183
- Date modified: