Canada Cooperatives Act
Marginal note:Purposes of Act
Marginal note:Carrying on business in more than one place
(2) No cooperative may be incorporated under this Act unless
(3) This Act applies to cooperatives incorporated under this Act that have not been discontinued.
Marginal note:Non-application of certain Acts
(4) No provision of the Canada Business Corporations Act, the Canada Corporations Act, chapter C-32 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act or the Winding-up and Restructuring Act applies to a cooperative.
Marginal note:Limitation on business that can be carried on
(5) No cooperative may carry on the business of
Marginal note:Prohibition on granting degrees
(6) No cooperative may carry on business as a degree-granting educational institution unless expressly authorized to do so by a federal or provincial agent that by law has the power to confer degree-granting authority on an educational institution.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 3
- 2009, c. 23, s. 312
- Date modified: