Canada Shipping Act, 2001
Marginal note:Striking panels
27 (1) When an application is made under subsection 28(1), the Chair must strike a panel of at least three persons.
(2) Each panel consists of the Chair and the persons appointed by the Chair.
(3) Any person to be appointed to a panel, other than a Vice-Chair, must have expertise in the matter in respect of which the panel is struck.
Marginal note:Fee and expenses
(4) Each panellist may be paid
(a) an amount fixed by the Minister of Transport for each day or part of a day that the panellist is performing duties under section 28, unless they are employed in the public service of Canada; and
(b) reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the panellist in the course of their duties under section 28.
Marginal note:Casting vote
(5) Matters before a panel are decided by a majority of the members of the panel. The Chair has a second vote in the case of a tie.
Marginal note:Panel decisions
(6) For greater certainty, a decision of a panel is a decision of the Marine Technical Review Board.
- Date modified: