Canadian International Trade Tribunal Act
Marginal note:Tribunal established
3 (1) There is established a tribunal, to be known as the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, consisting, subject to subsection (2), of a Chairperson and not more than six other permanent members to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Temporary members
(2) In addition to the members who may be appointed under subsection (1), the Governor in Council may, whenever in the opinion of the Governor in Council the workload of the Tribunal so requires, appoint temporary members of the Tribunal on such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council may specify, but the number of temporary members holding office shall not at any time exceed five.
(3) Each permanent member shall be appointed to hold office for a term not exceeding five years and each temporary member shall be appointed to hold office for a term not exceeding three years.
(4) Each permanent member and temporary member holds office during good behaviour and may be removed by the Governor in Council at any time for cause.
Marginal note:Re-appointment of permanent members
(5) A permanent member, on the expiration of a first term of office, is eligible to be re-appointed for one further term in the same or another capacity.
Marginal note:Re-appointment of temporary members
(6) A temporary member is eligible to be re-appointed on the expiration of a first or subsequent term of office.
- R.S., 1985, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 3
- 1999, c. 12, s. 54(E)
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1695
- 2012, c. 19, s. 487
- Date modified: