Canadian Payments Act
Marginal note:Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson
15 (1) The elected directors shall elect a Chairperson of the Board and a Deputy Chairperson of the Board from among the directors referred to in paragraph 8(1)(d) for a term not exceeding two years, the term being renewable.
Marginal note:Duties of Chairperson
(2) The Chairperson shall preside at meetings of the Board and perform the duties that are assigned by the by-laws.
Marginal note:Absence of Chairperson
(3) If the Chairperson is unable to act by reason of absence or incapacity, the Deputy Chairperson shall perform the duties of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Additional vote
(4) The Chairperson or, in the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson, the Deputy Chairperson has, in the event of a tie vote on any matter before the Board at a meeting of the Board, a second vote.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-21, s. 15
- 2001, c. 9, ss. 232(E), 245(E)
- 2007, c. 6, s. 427(F)
- 2014, c. 39, s. 339
- Date modified: