Canadian Payments Act
Marginal note:Stakeholder Advisory Council
21.2 (1) There shall be a Stakeholder Advisory Council consisting of persons appointed by the Board in consultation with the Minister.
(2) The object of the Council is to provide counsel and advice to the Board on payment and clearing and settlement matters and any other matter relating to the objects of the Association.
(3) [Repealed, 2019, c. 29, s. 96]
(4) [Repealed, 2019, c. 29, s. 96]
Marginal note:Representative character
(5) The Council shall be broadly representative of users and payment service providers.
(6) [Repealed, 2019, c. 29, s. 96]
(7) The Association may pay the remuneration that is fixed by by-law to the following persons:
(a) any member of the Council that falls within a class prescribed by by-laws; and
(b) any person who represents the interests of such a member or who is represented by such a member.
Marginal note:Travel and living expenses
(8) The members of the Council may be paid by the Association any reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by them when engaged on the business of the Council while absent from their ordinary places of residence.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 238
- 2007, c. 6, s. 432(F)
- 2014, c. 39, s. 349
- 2019, c. 29, s. 96
- Date modified: