Canadian Space Agency Act
Marginal note:Fees or charges
10 (1) With the approval of the Governor in Council and subject to such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council may specify, the Minister may, by order, prescribe the fee or charge, or the manner of determining the fee or charge, to be paid by a person or a person of a class of persons
(a) to whom the Agency provides any services or facilities; or
(b) who is licensed by the Agency to use, or to whom the Agency otherwise makes available, any patent, copyright, industrial design, trade-mark, trade secret or other like property right.
(2) The Governor in Council may, by order, prescribe the interest, or the manner of determining the interest, to be paid on any overdue fee or charge prescribed or determined in a manner prescribed pursuant to subsection (1).
(3) Subject to subsection (4), the Agency shall impose the fees or charges, including interest on overdue fees or charges, prescribed or determined in a manner prescribed pursuant to subsection (1) or (2).
Marginal note:Waiver or reduction in fee
(4) With the approval of the Governor in Council, the Minister may, by order, waive or reduce any fee, charge or interest that would otherwise be imposed under this section.
(5) The Agency may, with the approval of the Treasury Board, use any fee or charge imposed under this section in a fiscal year to offset the costs incurred in that year in connection with the services, facilities or property right in respect of which the fee or charge was imposed.
Marginal note:Debts due to Her Majesty
(6) All fees, charges and interest imposed under this section are debts due to Her Majesty in right of Canada and are recoverable as such in the Federal Court or any other court of competent jurisdiction.
Marginal note:Not statutory instrument
(7) An order made under this section that applies to or in respect of only one person or body shall be deemed not to be a statutory instrument for the purposes of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 10
- 2001, c. 4, s. 71(F)
- Date modified: