Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act
Marginal note:Board established
4 (1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board, consisting of not more than five members appointed by the Governor in Council, at least three of whom shall be full-time members.
Marginal note:Qualifications of members
(2) The Governor in Council shall appoint as members persons who, in the opinion of the Governor in Council, are collectively knowledgeable about air, marine, rail and pipeline transportation.
Marginal note:Term of office
(3) A member shall be appointed to hold office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding seven years, but may be removed by the Governor in Council at any time for cause.
(4) A member is eligible for re-appointment.
Marginal note:Continuity of membership
(5) In fixing a term of appointment or re-appointment, the Governor in Council shall endeavour to ensure, to the extent that it is practical to do so, that, notwithstanding periodic changes in the membership of the Board, it remains constituted at all times at least partly of persons who have had previous experience as members.
Marginal note:Remuneration and fees
(6) A full-time member shall be paid the remuneration, and a part-time member shall be paid the fees, that are fixed by the Governor in Council.
(7) The members are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by them in the course of their duties under this Act while absent from, in the case of full-time members, their ordinary place of work and, in the case of part-time members, their ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Retirement pensions
(8) The full-time members are deemed to be employed in the Public Service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
(9) The members are deemed to be employees for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the public service of Canada for the purposes of any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1989, c. 3, s. 4
- 1998, c. 20, ss. 3, 24
- Date modified: