Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act
Marginal note:Powers and functions of Director
8 (1) Notwithstanding the Financial Administration Act and the Public Service Employment Act, the Director has exclusive authority to appoint employees and, in relation to the human resources management of employees, other than persons attached or seconded to the Service as employees,
(a) to provide for the terms and conditions of their employment; and
(b) subject to the regulations,
(i) to exercise the powers and perform the functions of the Treasury Board relating to human resources management under the Financial Administration Act, and
(ii) to exercise the powers and perform the functions assigned to the Public Service Commission by or pursuant to the Public Service Employment Act.
Marginal note:Discipline and grievances of employees
(2) Notwithstanding the Public Service Labour Relations Act but subject to subsection (3) and the regulations, the Director may establish procedures respecting the conduct and discipline of, and the presentation, consideration and adjudication of grievances in relation to, employees, other than persons attached or seconded to the Service as employees.
Marginal note:Adjudication of employee grievances
(3) When a grievance is referred to adjudication, the adjudication shall not be heard or determined by any person, other than a full-time member of the Public Service Labour Relations Board established under section 12 of the Public Service Labour Relations Act.
(4) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) governing the exercise of the powers and the performance of the duties and functions of the Director referred to in subsection (1); and
(b) in relation to employees to whom subsection (2) applies, governing their conduct and discipline and the presentation, consideration and adjudication of grievances.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 8
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 143, 234
- Date modified: