Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
Marginal note:No stay, etc., in certain cases
(2) No order may be made under this Act staying or restraining the exercise of any right to terminate, amend or claim any accelerated payment under an eligible financial contract or preventing a member of the Canadian Payments Association established by the Canadian Payments Act from ceasing to act as a clearing agent or group clearer for a company in accordance with that Act and the by-laws and rules of that Association.
Marginal note:Permitted actions
(3) The following actions are permitted in respect of an eligible financial contract that is entered into before proceedings under this Act are commenced in respect of the company and is terminated on or after that day, but only in accordance with the provisions of that contract:
(a) the netting or setting off or compensation of obligations between the company and the other parties to the eligible financial contract; and
(b) any dealing with financial collateral including
(4) No order may be made under this Act if the order would have the effect of staying or restraining the actions permitted under subsection (3).
Marginal note:Net termination values
(5) If net termination values determined in accordance with an eligible financial contract referred to in subsection (3) are owed by the company to another party to the eligible financial contract, that other party is deemed to be a creditor of the company with a claim against the company in respect of those net termination values.
(6) No order may be made under this Act if the order would have the effect of subordinating financial collateral.
- 1997, c. 12, s. 124
- 2001, c. 9, s. 576
- 2007, c. 29, s. 106
- Date modified: