Copyright Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42)
- HTMLFull Document: Copyright Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Copyright Act [695 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Copyright Act [1213 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-12-30. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Reproduction for instruction
29.4 (1) It is not an infringement of copyright for an educational institution or a person acting under its authority for the purposes of education or training on its premises to reproduce a work, or do any other necessary act, in order to display it.
Marginal note:Reproduction for examinations, etc.
(2) It is not an infringement of copyright for an educational institution or a person acting under its authority to
(a) reproduce, translate or perform in public on the premises of the educational institution, or
(b) communicate by telecommunication to the public situated on the premises of the educational institution
a work or other subject-matter as required for a test or examination.
Marginal note:If work commercially available
(3) Except in the case of manual reproduction, the exemption from copyright infringement provided by subsections (1) and (2) does not apply if the work or other subject-matter is commercially available, within the meaning of paragraph (a) of the definition commercially available in section 2, in a medium that is appropriate for the purposes referred to in those subsections.
- 1997, c. 24, s. 18
- 2012, c. 20, s. 23
- Date modified: