66 (1) There is hereby established a Board, to be known as the Copyright Board, consisting of not more than five members, including a chairman and a vice-chairman, to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
(2) The members of the Board shall be appointed to serve either full-time or part-time.
(3) The chairman must be a judge, either sitting or retired, of a superior, county or district court.
(4) Each member of the Board shall hold office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding five years, but may be removed at any time by the Governor in Council for cause.
(5) A member of the Board is eligible to be re-appointed once only.
(6) A member of the Board shall not be employed in the public service within the meaning of the Federal Public Sector Labour Relations Act during the member’s term of office.
Marginal note:Members deemed public service employees
(7) A full-time member of the Board, other than the chairman, shall be deemed to be employed in
- R.S., 1985, c. C-42, s. 66
- R.S., 1985, c. 10 (1st Supp.), s. 1, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 12
- 2003, c. 22, s. 154(E), 224(E), 225(E)
- 2017, c. 9, s. 55
- Date modified: