Marginal note:Radio performances in places other than theatres
(2) In respect of public performances by means of any radio receiving set in any place other than a theatre that is ordinarily and regularly used for entertainments to which an admission charge is made, no royalties shall be collectable from the owner or user of the radio receiving set, but the Board shall, in so far as possible, provide for the collection in advance from radio broadcasting stations of royalties appropriate to the conditions produced by the provisions of this subsection and shall fix the amount of the same.
Marginal note:Expenses to be taken into account
(3) In fixing royalties pursuant to subsection (2), the Board shall take into account all expenses of collection and other outlays, if any, saved or savable by, for or on behalf of the owner of the copyright or performing right concerned or his agents, in consequence of subsection (2).
(4) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 14]
- R.S., 1985, c. C-42, s. 69
- R.S., 1985, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 14
- 1993, c. 44, s. 73
- 1997, c. 24, s. 52(F)
- Date modified: