Marginal note:Definition of Commissioner
Marginal note:Filing agreement with the Board
(2) Where a collective society concludes an agreement to grant a licence authorizing a person to do an act mentioned in section 3, 15, 18 or 21, as the case may be, the collective society or the person may file a copy of the agreement with the Board within fifteen days after it is concluded.
(3) Section 45 of the Competition Act does not apply in respect of any royalties or related terms and conditions arising under an agreement filed in accordance with subsection (2).
Marginal note:Access by Commissioner
(4) The Commissioner may have access to the copy of an agreement filed in accordance with subsection (2).
Marginal note:Request for examination
(5) Where the Commissioner considers that an agreement filed in accordance with subsection (2) is contrary to the public interest, the Commissioner may, after advising the parties concerned, request the Board to examine the agreement.
- R.S., 1985, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 16
- 1997, c. 24, s. 48
- 1999, c. 2, ss. 45, 46
- Date modified: