Naskapi and the Cree-Naskapi Commission Act
Marginal note:Term of office
160 (1) Except as provided by subsection (3), a member shall be appointed for a term of two years.
(2) A member may be removed for cause.
(3) Where a member dies or resigns or is removed for cause, a new member shall be appointed for the duration of the unexpired term of the former member.
Marginal note:Eligibility for re-appointment
(4) A member is eligible for re-appointment on the expiration of his term of office.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute member
(5) Where a member is absent or incapacitated, the Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Cree Regional Authority and the Naskapi band, appoint a temporary substitute member on such terms as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Remuneration of members
(6) Members of the Commission shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
- Date modified: