Marginal note:Corrupting children
172 (1) Every one who, in the home of a child, participates in adultery or sexual immorality or indulges in habitual drunkenness or any other form of vice, and thereby endangers the morals of the child or renders the home an unfit place for the child to be in, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.
(2) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 19 (3rd Supp.), s. 6]
Definition of child
(3) For the purposes of this section, child means a person who is or appears to be under the age of eighteen years.
Marginal note:Who may institute prosecutions
(4) No proceedings shall be commenced under subsection (1) without the consent of the Attorney General, unless they are instituted by or at the instance of a recognized society for the protection of children or by an officer of a juvenile court.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 172
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (3rd Supp.), s. 6
- Date modified: