Marginal note:Unauthorized possession of firearm
Marginal note:Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon or restricted weapon
(2) Subject to subsection (4), every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, other than a replica firearm, or any prohibited ammunition, without being the holder of a licence under which the person may possess it.
(3) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) or (2)
(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to
(a) a person who possesses a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition while the person is under the direct and immediate supervision of a person who may lawfully possess it, for the purpose of using it in a manner in which the supervising person may lawfully use it; or
(b) a person who comes into possession of a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition by the operation of law and who, within a reasonable period after acquiring possession of it,
(5) [Repealed, 2012, c. 6, s. 2]
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 91;
- 1991, c. 28, s. 7, c. 40, ss. 5, 36;
- 1995, c. 22, s. 10, c. 39, s. 139;
- 2008, c. 6, s. 4;
- 2012, c. 6, s. 2.
- Date modified: