Marginal note:Breaking and entering to steal firearm
Definitions of break and place
(2) In this section, break has the same meaning as in section 321, and place means any building or structure — or part of one — and any motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft, railway vehicle, container or trailer.
(3) For the purposes of this section,
(a) a person enters as soon as any part of his or her body or any part of an instrument that he or she uses is within any thing that is being entered; and
(b) a person is deemed to have broken and entered if he or she
(4) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 98
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 13
- 1991, c. 40, s. 11
- 1995, c. 39, s. 139
- 2008, c. 6, s. 9
- Date modified: