Marginal note:Re-determination or further re-determination
(a) in the case of a determination under section 57.01 or 58, re-determine the origin, tariff classification, value for duty or marking determination of any imported goods at any time within
(i) four years after the date of the determination, on the basis of an audit or examination under section 42, a verification under section 42.01 or a verification of origin under section 42.1, or
(ii) four years after the date of the determination, if the Minister considers it advisable to make the re-determination; and
(b) further re-determine the origin, tariff classification or value for duty of imported goods, within four years after the date of the determination or, if the Minister deems it advisable, within such further time as may be prescribed, on the basis of an audit or examination under section 42, a verification under section 42.01 or a verification of origin under section 42.1 that is conducted after the granting of a refund under paragraphs 74(1)(c.1), (c.11), (e), (f) or (g) that is treated by subsection 74(1.1) as a re-determination under paragraph (a) or the making of a correction under section 32.2 that is treated by subsection 32.2(3) as a re-determination under paragraph (a).
Marginal note:Notice requirement
(2) An officer who makes a determination under subsection 57.01(1) or 58(1) or a re-determination or further re-determination under subsection (1) shall without delay give notice of the determination, re-determination or further re-determination, including the rationale on which it is made, to the prescribed persons.
Marginal note:Payment or refund
(3) Every prescribed person who is given notice of a determination, re-determination or further re-determination under subsection (2) shall, in accordance with that decision,
(a) pay any amount owing, or additional amount owing, as the case may be, as duties in respect of the goods or, if a request is made under section 60, pay that amount or give security satisfactory to the Minister in respect of that amount and any interest owing or that may become owing on that amount; or
(b) be given a refund of any duties, or a refund of any duties and interest paid (other than interest that was paid because duties were not paid when required by subsection 32(5) or section 33), in excess of the duties owing in respect of the goods.
Marginal note:Amounts payable immediately
(4) Any amount owing by or to a person under subsection (3) or 66(3) in respect of goods, other than an amount in respect of which security is given, is payable immediately, whether or not a request is made under section 60.
Marginal note:Exception for par. (3)(a)
(5) For the purposes of paragraph (3)(a), the amount owing as duties in respect of goods under subsection (3) as a result of a determination made under subsection 58(1) does not include any amount owing as duties in respect of the goods under section 32 or 33.
Marginal note:Review of re-determination or further re-determination
(6) A re-determination or further re-determination made under this section is not subject to be restrained, prohibited, removed, set aside or otherwise dealt with except to the extent and in the manner provided by subsection 59(1) and sections 60 and 61.
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 59
- 1997, c. 36, s. 166
- 2001, c. 25, s. 41
- Date modified: