Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Canada National Marine Conservation Areas Act

Version of section 28 from 2010-12-10 to 2023-11-14:

Marginal note:Compensation for loss of property

  •  (1) If a person has been convicted of an offence under this Act, the court may, at the time sentence is imposed and on the application of the person aggrieved, order the offender to pay to the aggrieved person an amount by way of satisfaction or compensation for loss of or damage to property suffered by that person as a result of the commission of the offence.

  • Marginal note:Enforcement

    (2) If the amount ordered to be paid under subsection (1) is not paid without delay, the aggrieved person may, by filing the order, enter as a judgment, in the superior court of the province in which the trial was held, the amount ordered to be paid, and that judgment is enforceable against the offender in the same manner as if it were a judgment rendered against the offender in that court in civil proceedings.

  • 2002, c. 18, s. 28
  • 2009, c. 14, s. 28

Date modified: