Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Resources Accord Implementation Act
Marginal note:Directives issued jointly by both Ministers
41 (1) The Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister may jointly issue to the Board written directives in relation to
(a) fundamental decisions;
(b) Canada-Nova Scotia benefits plans and any provisions thereof;
(c) public reviews conducted pursuant to section 44;
(d) studies to be conducted by the Board; and
(e) advice with respect to policy issues to be given by the Board to the Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister.
Marginal note:Directives of either Minister
(2) Where a request is received during any calendar year by the Board or the Federal Minister or the Provincial Minister to make a call for bids pursuant to Part II in relation to particular portions of the offshore area, the Federal Minister or the Provincial Minister may, after having reviewed the plan of the anticipated decisions of the Board during the calendar year submitted pursuant to section 43, issue to the Board a written directive to specify those portions of the offshore area in a call for bids made pursuant to Part II.
(3) [Repealed, 1993, c. 47, s. 12]
Marginal note:Directives of Provincial Minister
(4) The Provincial Minister may issue to the Board written directives with respect to any fundamental decision relating to the Bay of Fundy or Sable Island.
Marginal note:Directives binding
(5) The Board shall comply with any directive issued under this section.
Marginal note:Directives deemed not to be statutory instruments
(6) Directives issued under this section shall be deemed not to be statutory instruments for the purposes of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 1988, c. 28, s. 41
- 1993, c. 47, s. 12
- Date modified: