Canada Petroleum Resources Act
Marginal note:Drilling orders
33 (1) Subject to subsections (2) to (4), the Minister may, at any time after the National Energy Board has made a declaration of significant discovery, by order subject to section 106, require the interest owner of any interest in relation to any portion of the significant discovery area to drill a well on any portion of the significant discovery area that is subject to that interest, in accordance with any directions that may be set out in the order, and to commence the drilling within one year after the making of the order or within any longer period that the Minister specifies in the order.
(2) No order may be made under subsection (1) with respect to any interest owner who has completed a well on the relevant frontier lands within six months after the completion of that well.
(3) No order may be made under subsection (1) within the three years immediately following the well termination date of the well indicating the relevant significant discovery.
(4) No order made under subsection (1) may require an interest owner to drill more than one well at a time on the relevant frontier lands.
Marginal note:Definition of well termination date
(5) For the purposes of subsection (3), well termination date means the date on which a well has been abandoned, completed or suspended in accordance with any applicable drilling regulations.
- R.S., 1985, c. 36 (2nd Supp.), s. 33
- 2015, c. 4, s. 31
- Date modified: