Canada Elections Act
Marginal note:Maintenance of Registers
Marginal note:Contents of Registers
(2) The Register of Electors and the Register of Future Electors shall contain, for each elector or future elector who is included in it, as the case may be, his or her surname, given names, gender, date of birth, civic address, mailing address and any other information that is provided under subsections 49(2), 211.2(4), 223(2), 233(2) and 251(3).
(3) The Register of Electors and the Register of Future Electors shall also contain, for each elector or future elector, as the case may be, a unique, randomly generated identifier that is assigned by the Chief Electoral Officer.
Marginal note:Future electors becoming electors
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the Register of Future Electors may continue to contain information about a former future elector after he or she becomes an elector until he or she is included in the Register of Electors.
Marginal note:Inclusion optional
(5) Inclusion in the Register of Electors and the Register of Future Electors is optional.
Marginal note:Parental consent not necessary
(6) A future elector’s inclusion in the Register of Future Electors does not require the consent of the future elector’s parents or guardian or tutor.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 44
- 2001, c. 21, s. 4
- 2007, c. 21, s. 4
- 2018, c. 31, s. 36
- Date modified: