Marginal note:Weeks for which benefits may be paid
(2) Subject to section 152.14, benefits are payable to a self-employed person under this section for each week of unemployment in the period
(3) When benefits are payable to a self-employed person for unemployment caused by pregnancy and any allowances, money or other benefits are payable to the person for that pregnancy under a provincial law, the benefits payable to the self-employed person under this Part shall be reduced or eliminated as prescribed.
(3.1) With regard to serving the waiting period under section 152.15, the week that immediately precedes the period described in subsection (2) is deemed to be a week that is included in that period.
(4) Subject to subsection 152.18(3), if benefits are payable under this section to a self-employed person for a week of unemployment, there shall be deducted from those benefits any allowances, money or other benefits payable to the person for that week under a plan that covers insured persons employed by an employer and in respect of which the employer’s premium has been reduced in accordance with regulations made under subsection 69(1).
Marginal note:Extension of period
(5) If a child who is born of the self-employed person’s pregnancy is hospitalized, the period for which benefits are payable under subsection (2) shall be extended by the number of weeks during which the child is hospitalized.
(6) The extended period shall end no later than 52 weeks after the week of confinement.
- 2009, c. 33, s. 16
- 2017, c. 20, s. 244
- 2018, c. 12, s. 289
- Date modified: