153 (1) Notwithstanding anything in this Act, the Commission may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, make such regulations as it deems necessary respecting the establishment and operation of a scheme of employment insurance for self-employed persons engaged in fishing, including regulations
(a) including as a self-employed person engaged in fishing any person engaged in an activity or occupation related to or incidental to fishing; and
(b) including as an employer of a self-employed person engaged in fishing any person with whom the self-employed person enters into a contractual or other commercial relationship in respect of their occupation as a self-employed person engaged in fishing.
Marginal note:Scheme may be different
(2) The scheme established by the regulations may, with respect to any matter, be different from the provisions of this Act relating to that matter.
Marginal note:Tabling of regulation
(3) The Minister shall table the regulations in the House of Commons within three sitting days after the day on which they are made.
Marginal note:Motion to repeal
(4) The regulations come into force on the 10th sitting day after the day on which they are tabled, or on any later day specified in the regulations, unless a motion to repeal them, signed by not fewer than 30 members of the House of Commons, is filed with the Speaker of the House of Commons before the 10th sitting day.
(5) If a motion to repeal the regulations is filed with the Speaker of the House of Commons in accordance with subsection (4), it shall be taken up and considered by the House of Commons within five sitting days after the day on which it is filed.
Marginal note:Time for disposition of motion
(6) The motion shall be taken up after the ordinary hour of daily adjournment, for a period of not more than four hours, and at the end of the debate the Speaker of the House of Commons shall, without delay or further debate or amendment, put every question necessary for the disposition of the motion.
Marginal note:Adoption or defeat of motion
(7) If the motion is adopted, the regulations are repealed, and if the motion is defeated, the regulations come into force on the day after the day on which the motion is defeated or on any later day specified in the regulations.
Marginal note:Regulation repealed
(8) The regulations are repealed if Parliament is prorogued or dissolved before the motion is disposed of or, if no motion has been filed, before the end of the period mentioned in subsection (4).
Definition of sitting day
(9) For the purpose of this section, sitting day means a day on which the House of Commons is sitting.
- Date modified: