Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act
Marginal note:Appointment of Commissioner
4 (1) The Governor in Council shall appoint an officer to be called the Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. The Commissioner has the rank and all the powers of a deputy head of a department.
Marginal note:Tenure of office and removal
(2) The Commissioner holds office during good behaviour for a term of not more than five years, but may be removed for cause by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Further terms
(3) The Commissioner, on the expiration of any term of office, is eligible to be re-appointed for a further term of office.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(4) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Commissioner, or if the office of Commissioner is vacant, the Minister may appoint a qualified person to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the Commissioner, but no person may be so appointed for a term of more than 90 days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
(5) The Commissioner shall be paid the remuneration fixed by the Governor in Council.
(6) The Commissioner and any person appointed under subsection (4) are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the course of performing their duties while absent from their ordinary place of work.
Marginal note:Deemed employment
(7) The Commissioner and any person appointed under subsection (4) are deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 4
- 2003, c. 22, s. 169(E)
- Date modified: