Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act
Marginal note:Appointment of Financial Literacy Leader
4.1 (1) The Governor in Council shall appoint an officer to be called the Financial Literacy Leader who shall act under the instructions of the Commissioner.
Marginal note:Tenure of office and removal
(2) The Financial Literacy Leader holds office during pleasure for a term of not more than five years.
Marginal note:Further terms
(3) The Financial Literacy Leader, on the expiry of any term of office, is eligible to be re-appointed for a further term of office.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(4) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Financial Literacy Leader, or if the office of Financial Literacy Leader is vacant, the Minister may appoint a qualified person to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the Financial Literacy Leader, but no person may be so appointed for a term of more than 90 days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
(5) The Financial Literacy Leader shall be paid the remuneration fixed by the Governor in Council.
(6) The Financial Literacy Leader and any person appointed under subsection (4) are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the course of performing their duties while absent from their ordinary place of work.
Marginal note:Deemed employment
(7) The Financial Literacy Leader and any person appointed under subsection (4) are deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 2013, c. 1, s. 5
- Date modified: