Financial Administration Act
Marginal note:Appointment of auditor
134 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the auditor of a Crown corporation shall be appointed annually by the Governor in Council, after the appropriate Minister has consulted the board of directors of the corporation, and may be removed at any time by the Governor in Council, after the appropriate Minister has consulted the board.
Marginal note:Auditor General
(2) The Auditor General of Canada shall be appointed by the Governor in Council as the auditor, or a joint auditor, of each Crown corporation, unless the Auditor General waives the requirement of being so appointed.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply in respect of any parent Crown corporation the auditor of which is specified by any other Act of Parliament to be the Auditor General of Canada, but the Auditor General is eligible to be appointed as the auditor, or a joint auditor, of a parent Crown corporation pursuant to subsection (1) and section 135 does not apply to him.
(4) [Repealed, 2005, c. 30, s. 36]
Marginal note:Criteria for appointment
(5) The Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing the criteria to be applied in selecting an auditor for appointment pursuant to subsection (1).
(6) An auditor of a Crown corporation is eligible for re-appointment on the expiration of the auditor’s appointment.
Marginal note:Continuation in office
(7) Notwithstanding subsection (1), if an auditor of a Crown corporation is not appointed to take office on the expiration of the appointment of an incumbent auditor, the incumbent auditor continues in office until a successor is appointed.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 134
- 2005, c. 30, s. 36
- Date modified: