Financial Administration Act
Marginal note:Payments urgently required
30 (1) Where a payment is urgently required for the public good,
(a) at any time that Parliament is in session but is not sitting, and
(b) there is no other appropriation pursuant to which the payment may be made,
the Governor in Council, on the report of the President of the Treasury Board that there is no appropriation for the payment and the report of the appropriate Minister that the payment is urgently required for the public good, may, by order, direct the preparation of a special warrant to be signed by the Governor General authorizing the payment to be made out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
(1.1) [Repealed, 2020, c. 4, s. 1]
Marginal note:Special warrant
(2) A special warrant issued pursuant to this section shall for the purposes of this Act be deemed to be an appropriation for the fiscal year in which the warrant is issued.
Marginal note:Distribution and publication
(3) Every warrant issued under this section shall be
(a) sent to a representative of every recognized party in the House of Commons as soon as it has been issued;
(b) sent to the Clerk of the House of Commons within seven days after it is issued; and
(c) published in the Canada Gazette within seven days after it is issued.
Marginal note:Subsequent appropriation
(4) Where a special warrant has been issued pursuant to this section, the amounts appropriated thereby shall be deemed to be included in and not to be in addition to the amounts appropriated by the Act of Parliament enacted next thereafter for granting to Her Majesty sums of money to defray expenses of the federal public administration for a fiscal year.
(5) [Repealed, 1997, c. 5, s. 1]
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 30
- 1997, c. 5, s. 1
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E)
- 2020, c. 4, s. 1
- Date modified: