Financial Administration Act
Marginal note:Responsibilities of Treasury Board
(a) general administrative policy in the federal public administration;
(b) the organization of the federal public administration or any portion thereof, and the determination and control of establishments therein;
(c) financial management, including estimates, expenditures, financial commitments, accounts, fees or charges for the provision of services or the use of facilities, rentals, licences, leases, revenues from the disposition of property, and procedures by which departments manage, record and account for revenues received or receivable from any source whatever;
(d) the review of annual and longer term expenditure plans and programs of departments, and the determination of priorities with respect thereto;
(e) human resources management in the federal public administration, including the determination of the terms and conditions of employment of persons employed in it;
(e.1) the terms and conditions of employment of persons appointed by the Governor in Council that have not been established under this or any other Act of Parliament or order in council or by any other means; and
(f) such other matters as may be referred to it by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Authority under other Acts
(2) The Treasury Board may exercise the powers, other than powers of appointment, of the Governor in Council under
(e) the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act, chapter R-10 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970; and
(f) such of the provisions of any other Act respecting any matter in relation to which the Treasury Board may act for the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada pursuant to subsection (1) as may be specified by the Governor in Council.
(3) The Governor in Council may, by order, authorize the Treasury Board to exercise all or any of the powers of the Governor in Council under section 41 or subsection 122(1) or (6) and specify the circumstances in which those powers may be exercised.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 7;
- 1991, c. 24, ss. 2, 49(E);
- 1998, c. 14, s. 103(F);
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 6, 224(E).
- Date modified: