Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act
Marginal note:Amount of payment
11 (1) The amount that a province may be eligible to receive, in respect of a period fixed by the Minister, is equal to 17% of the estimated foregone revenue for that period.
Marginal note:Preliminary payment
(2) A province is eligible to receive a preliminary payment for a period if the province has provided information in accordance with section 12.01 such that the Minister is able to make a preliminary determination of the estimated foregone revenue for that period. The Minister shall try to make a preliminary payment to the province on or before the last day of the period if the Minister receives the information in a timely manner.
Marginal note:Final determination
(3) After finalized information that is consistent with a province’s public accounts becomes available so as to enable the Minister to make a final determination of the amount under subsection (1) in respect of a period, the Minister shall do so and reconcile the final determination with any preliminary payment paid to the province. If the amount of the final determination is greater than the preliminary payment, the Minister shall, without delay, pay the difference to the province. However, if the amount of the final determination is less than the preliminary payment, the difference may be deducted from any amount payable to the province under this Act or be recovered from the province as a debt due to Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Program time limit
(4) For the purposes of determining the amount of a payment under this Part, a period shall not include a day that is before March 19, 2007 or after January 1, 2011.
Marginal note:Consolidated Revenue Fund
(5) The Minister may pay to a province, out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, any amount that the province is eligible to receive under this Part.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-8, s. 11
- 2007, c. 29, s. 63, c. 35, s. 139
- Date modified: